When: August 4th 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Where: Chattanooga Public Library (4th Floor Downtown)
What: Tips for WordPress 4.3(James Laws)
- The changes to the customizer.
- A customize button has been added to the front end admin bar to access the customizer.
- Custom menus can now be added via customizer.
- Site Icons have been added. Generally, these will need a .png file, but other formats can be used.
- User Creation Changes
- When a new user is created WordPress no longer sends a plaintext passwords to the new user. Now, WordPress sends a link the new user that will need to be verified.
- The WordPress admin can generate strong passwords for users.
- Formatting shortcuts built in text editor(for example: ## would translate to a level 2 headline).
- More formatting shortcuts will be added in futures updates.
- Links are now shown and editable in line on mouse hover.
- New view points have been added for the admin area, making the admin more accessible by mobile devices.
- The user can select the primary column that they would like to see in the view port.
- A new template has been added called singular.php
- All <h2> tags will need to be changed to <h1> tags.
- WordPress has changed its standards.